Summer 2020 WEA National Board Jump Start: Online
WEA's National Board Jump Start is a comprehensive, multi-day seminar designed to provide National Board candidates with important information about the certification process, time to examine component and Assessment Center requirements, the opportunity to plan how to meet requirements, and time to collaborate, gather resources and information needed to pursue certification. All this happens in a supportive, constructive and collegial environment.
This summer, Jump Start will take place fully online!
- Registration is $50 and open to WEA members only. Foundations 1 is a required entry course.
- Select as many of the remaining 5 modules (C1, C2, C3, C4, Foundations 2) as you like for the flat $50 registration fee.
- Up to 30 WEA clock hours can be earned for those attending all 6 modules and three Q&A meetings.
- Aug. 10-14
There are six total training modules that will be offered two times during our training weeks. You will select your specific training modules after submitting your event registration/payment. Note: You may choose to complete your full Jump Start experience in one week.
Required: Foundations 1 (This is an introduction to National Board Standards; getting organized)
- Monday, Aug. 10, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
- Thursday, Aug. 13, 1-4:30 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 10, 1-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 11, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
- Thursday, Aug. 13, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
Foundations 2 (National Board Mapping, like certificate area meetings with NBCTs)
- Friday, Aug. 14, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. (includes lunch break)
You will automatically receive a registration confirmation email with further instructions for selecting your sessions. Please ensure that you complete your selections at least two weeks prior to the given training module.
Registration questions? Please contact Arlyn Palomo. Program questions? Please contact Jim Meadows.