WEA National Board Jump Start June 27-July 1
WEA's National Board Jump Start is a comprehensive, multi-day seminar designed to provide National Board candidates with important information about the certification process, time to examine component and Assessment Center requirements, the opportunity to plan how to meet requirements, and time to collaborate, gather resources and information needed to pursue certification. All this happens in a supportive, constructive and collegial environment.
This summer, Jump Start will take place fully online!
- Registration is $75 and open to WEA members only. Foundations 1 is a required entry course.
- Select as many of the remaining 5 modules (C1, C2, C3, C4, Foundations 2) as you like for the flat $75 registration fee.
- WEA is able to provide a reduced, $25 registration fee for some Early Career Educators (eight or fewer years of certificated experience) and/or Educators of Color. We are also able to provide the reduced registration fee of $25 for those who complete the National Board Information Sessions series by attending all three sessions. Apply for the reduced $25 registration fee here. Please do not complete the rest of the registration page below; we will be in touch about how to register within a week of when you complete the form. Questions? Please contact Arlyn Palomo.
- Up to 30 WEA clock hours can be earned for those attending all 6 modules and three Q&A meetings.
- June 27-July 1
There are six total training modules that will be offered during our training week.
Foundations 1 (This is an introduction to National Board Standards; getting organized). This is a required session for every participant.
- Monday, June 27, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
- Thursday, June 30, or Thursday, Aug. 4, 1-4:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 27, or Monday, Aug. 1, 1-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 28, or Tuesday, Aug. 2, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
- Thursday, June 30, or Thursday, Aug. 2, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
Foundations 2 (National Board Mapping, like certificate area meetings with NBCTs)
- Friday, July 1, or Friday, Aug. 5, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. (includes lunch break)
Registration closes at noon Friday, June 24.
You will receive a confirmation email after you have registered and paid below. Please pre-register for the modules you would like to attend within that confirmation email to get the Zoom link for the course(s). Registration questions? Please contact Arlyn Palomo. Program questions? Please contact Jim Meadows.