In this Issue– Register Today: Elementary Hybrid Q&A and the GMM, Planning for Secondary IAC, Safety Plans
February 19, 2021
Dear HEA Members,
We are living through a pandemic. We know it is a terrible moment in human history. Despite the chaos around us, you have been doing amazing and beautiful things for and with your students….and you will continue to do so.
Give yourself grace. No one is expecting perfection. Pause and listen to your instincts. Act on what you hear. Rely on your friends. Share time with your students. I believe in you, and the HEA will stand behind you in the choices you make for yourself and your sanity in the days and weeks ahead.
I am humbled by your passion to do right by your students. In this stretch of time, I encourage you to focus on what feels right for you and your loved ones. We are all taking it one step at a time, one foot in front of the next. We are being asked to do something new, challenging, and, for some, terrifying. I am confident we will use our heads and our hearts to find a way forward.
My best to you,
TO DO NOW:
Register for Monday’s Elementary Q&A. Are you called back to work with students in buildings? Are you a floater or daily substitute? Are you being asked to monitor, support student behaviors or serve as an emergency substitute? If the answer is yes to any of these, HEA is hosting a Zoom Q&A for 500 HEA members. Details are below. REGISTER ONLY ONCE HERE OR find and use the link sent to your home email. If possible, please sign in using the personal email and name you have listed with HEA.
Register for Tuesday’s General Membership Meeting. The webinar is open to all HEA members. Details are below. REGISTER ONLY ONCE HERE OR find and use the link sent to your home email. If possible, please sign in using the personal email and name you have listed with HEA.
UP NEXT WEEK:
- Building Safety Plans: We continue to review and strengthen Building Safety Plans. We are collecting feedback and adding more details to provide back to buildings by Wednesday. These plans will continue to be strengthened through an on-going problem-solving process. We will continue to share information weekly.
- February 21 MOU Addendum: All members will receive a copy of the Reopening Schools MOU Addendum in their personal email. This document will outline the agreements reached through impact bargaining and other problem-solving around the transition to hybrid learning for elementary.
- February 22 Q&A Zoom@4:30: Any HEA member who will be working with students in elementary or secondary in any capacity is invited to a Zoom informational session to answer your questions about Safety Plans and the MOU Addendum. For those who have district meetings, log in and join us when you can as we will meet until all questions are answered. (Register only once. Please log on and stay logged on starting at 4:00PM. You will be put in a waiting room until 4:30.)
- February 23 GMM Webinar@4:30: All HEA Members are invited to participate in a HEA General Membership Webinar Meeting. There, HEA leadership will present the Addendum to the MOU and ask the membership to determine whether our elementary schools are prepared to welcome students on March 1. (Register only once. Please log on and stay logged on starting at 4:00PM.)
- February 24 Secondary IAC Teacher Meeting (Time-TBD): Attend the Secondary IAC Meeting tentatively scheduled from 2:30-3:30PM. Watch for the registration link being sent to your home email. This is the second of three forums scheduled. The third is tentatively set for Thursday, March 4 at 3:00PM. Secondary IACs are scheduled to resume in hybrid on Monday, March 8.
P.S. Here is a link from the CDC: How to Set Up Your Classroom