HSD School Board June Meetings (06.01.22 & 06.22.22). These meetings are held live at Central Office and live streamed to access remotely by using the links below.
· June 1, 2022 6:00 PM School Board Meeting
· June 22, 2022 5:00 PM Budget Hearing and School Board Meeting
3. HEA Events: Find details and links here
- HEA Executive Board Elections (Closes today, 05.20.22, @ 5PM). Your BallotPoint ballot was sent to personal emails. PLEASE locate your ballot in your personal email. It does taking moving from the email to a personalized ballot but it takes just a moment to navigate over.
- WEA Substitute Professional Development (05.21.22 @ 9AM-1PM). Please attend to sharpen your skills and get free clockhours. REGISTER HERE
- Executive Board Meeting (05.23.22 4:45-6:30PM). Email Secretary Katie Utesch for zoom link or location information.
- VEBA Vote Explanation & NEA Benefits Bonanza (05.31.22 4:30-5:30ish). REGISTER HERE. Get your questions answered about VEBA and hear how to access a lifetime of financial benefits by joining WEA Retired. All members welcome as you learn ways to get your financial house in order over the summer break. Retirees and those with more than 180 days of sick leave will be voting on their sick leave cash out next month and so are particularly encouraged to join us.
- NEW! Sick Leave Cash Out/VEBA Vote (June 1- June 8 online). A ballot will be sent to your school district email for those declaring their retirement by May 31 and separate ballot to those who will have 180+ days of sick leave accumulated at the start of next school year. Please cast your vote by June 8.
- NEW! 2020-22 HEA Retiree Social @ Cedarbrook Lodge (Thursday, June 2 @4:00-6:00PM). There are a limited number of reservations still available, so we are opening this up to all members. Join us for a delightful social, honoring our retirees in the spacious Cedarbrook Ballroom. Retirees please send in your RSVP today to help us get the correct headcount for the delicious food and beverages being served. Please email Portia Robinson with your name and school location ASAP.
- Representative Council Meeting (06.06.22 from 4:30-6:30PM). Email Secretary Katie Utesch for zoom link or location information.
- HEA General Membership Virtual Meetings (June 30 and/or August 30-Time TBD). All members are invited and strongly encouraged to join in the information session and ratification vote.
- Seattle Pride Parade. (06.27.22 Morning). WEA is planning to bring back our WEA Pride Parade Contingent! It’s more important than ever for educators and staff to be visible advocates in schools…and supporting our students as public school educators in front of our 500,000 neighbors at Seattle Pride! WEA’s LGBTQ Caucus working on finalizing parade registration, but please save the date and RSVP for Pride 2022 here if you plan on joining!
- HEA MEMBER BENEFITS: Spend your summer making memories…Not auto insurance payments. Great news, our friends at California Casualty are offering NEA members a $25 gift card when you complete a new eligible auto quote. You can also skip payments in two summer months! Click here to get started.
4. Use Our Safety Concerns Reporting Form
You are not alone! Share your COVID SAFETY CONCERN with your COVID CO-CAPTAIN and your building administrator, (send one email to both). If it is not resolved, report the issue to HR using the “Safety Concern Form”. This link is actively monitored by HR and HSD to resolve member COVID SAFETY issues. Please navigate through the Frontline Central to access and complete the link.