I support the House budget
We are nearing the finish line for the session. Both the House and Senate have released and approved their own budget proposals so negotiations will begin soon on the final budget.
Tell your lawmakers to support our students and our educators by approving the House budget. It makes incremental progress to address both the educator shortage and McCleary obligations. These are modest, but important steps that include:
- raises and more mentoring for new teachers
- bonuses for certificated staff with professional certification
- a new step at the top of the salary schedule for veteran teachers
- an equalized NBCT bonus for those working in high poverty schools
- a 1 percent increase for classified staff
Let your elected officials know that you support the House budget proposal because it supports our students and it supports us. We have provided a sample message, but we encourage you to use your own words.